Monday, November 26, 2012

Cutting a fresh pineapple...




Just about every time I buy a fresh pineapple, the cashier or someone in line behind me asks how I cut it. So I wanted to share my method. It's really simple and I kinda have fun preparing a pineapple.

First you want to make sure that when selecting your pineapple it has a sweet smell and it should have a golden color and be firm. The leaves should be green and healthy looking.

You need a good sharp knife for cutting a pineapple.

Lay it on it's side and cut off the top and bottom.


how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple


how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple


Stand it back up and cut the peel off, rotating the pineapple until all the peel is cut away.

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple


Lay it back on its side and cut it in half..

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple

Then cut the half in half lengthwise.

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple


At an angle, cut the center part away.

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple


Cut in strips lengthwise and then cut into cubes.

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple

how to cut a fresh pineapple #freshpineapple

Repeat with the remaining pineapple.

Then enjoy your fresh pineapple! Fresh pineapple is the best; my family will not eat pineapple from a can anymore, they want it fresh. Yum yum!

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I avoid fresh pineapples because I never new how to cut them! I will try it out soon! Also, I nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thank you so much! That is very kind and I appreciate it very much!

      I always thought a fresh pineapple was too hard to deal with and then one day I just decided to go for it and I was shocked at how easy it is. A can does not do a pineapple justice!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the how to steps, cut my first pineapple tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)