Friday, November 30, 2012

Pumpkin Roll...



Yummy yum yum!

I've been making pumpkin roll for several years now and they are oh so good.

I use the recipe found here.... Libby's Pumpkin Roll

The only adjustments I make are - I don't use any nuts and I use a 12x17 inch pan instead of the 15x10 inch.  I think the pan I use makes the cake the perfect size and it doesn't completely fall apart when I roll it up. The first one I ever made, I used a 15x10 inch pan and the cake was too thick so when I rolled it up, it feel to pieces.....still yummy but not as pretty,

I made one for Thanksgiving and I kept half and gave the other half to my mom.

I always prepare my pan and my towel for rolling up the cake before I start mixing because it takes me a few minutes. PAN - I spray the pan with cooking spray, add a piece of parchment paper and then grease and flour the parchment paper. TOWEL - lay out a towel on a flat surface and sprinkle powdered sugar all over it.

Here are the ingredients (please disregard the nutmeg in the photo, I did not use it for this recipe)....

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes


First I mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

Grandboy loves to help bake so I usually include him.....actually, he just likes to crack the eggs (don't worry, I always get the shell out before I use it)...

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes


Then mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl...

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes

Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and spread into your prepared pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 13 minutes.
As soon as the cake is done you want to remove it from the pan and roll it up in the prepared towel. Don't let the cake cool first, you want to roll it while it's still hot.

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes




While the cake is cooling, I make the frosting. It's best to have your butter and cream cheese at room temperature so that it mixes well and you don't have lumps of butter in your icing.

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes

After the cake is completely cooled, unroll it and spread the icing on and then roll the cake back up (without the towel this time). It will be messy when spreading the icing because the cake will hold the shape of the roll so I use a large spatula to spread the icing.

And now you have a yummy pumpkin roll! Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving.

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes

#pumpkinroll #recipes #pumpkin #desserts #thanksgivingrecipes



CAKE

1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)



FILLING

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

10 comments :

  1. These look delish! Thanks for the follow and now following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, this looks delicious! i officially need to get on the pumpkin train before its too late. thanks for the inspiration.
    glad to be following your blog via the friendly friday blog hop! looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my yumminess!

    Aloha,

    Following ya now from the Friday hop. It's so sweet to meet ya. I'd love for you to join me for the ride at Local Sugar Hawaii . We're riding the wave of life one teensy adventure at a time, come join us and if you'd like join us for An Aloha Affair-- our sweet gathering and mingling and... growing together. You're welcome anytime.

    cheers,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best things about the holidays is all the wonderful recipes people share!!

    I found you through a blog hop, glad I did! I look forward to reading your posts and am now following you! Come on by the Aloha Friday Blog hop and link up with us too!! It's easy and you could end up being next week's featured blogger!!

    http://www.whatjeanlikes.com/2012/11/aloha-friday-blog-hop-32-december-is-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This kind of roll-cake is very popular where I live, but not pumpkin-roll. I think the recipe is great and these rolls look super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest follower from the “Aloha Affair” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie, I would like to get in contact with you but can't seem to find your email. Love this recipe. Can you email me at empoweredmomma@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie, just lovely - in New Zealand a chocolate log is an old staple - looks like yours but not the pumpkin! Thanks for adding this to the collection. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'day Angie! This looks YUM, true!
    I swear I hear "EAT ME NOW" from your photo too! :)
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net
    Viewed as part of Cathy's Bloggers Showcase: Thanksgiving (Fall) Recipe RoundUp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)