Tuesday, December 11, 2012

DIY Christmas Ornament Door-hanger & Link-Up!




I have been seeing a lot of beautiful Christmas wreaths on Pinterest and I wanted to make one but then I decided to do something different because sometimes I like to just be different.


I took a flimsy wire hanger and cut the top off, straightened the hanger out and then wrapped it around a spaghetti jar to make it circular. Then I twisted it around itself until it wouldn't twist anymore so that it would hold the shape. And here are the supplies I used. I bought the bells, the ornament and 1 pack of ribbon for $1 each at the Dollar Store and I already had 1 pack of ribbon and the hanger.


#diy christmas ornament door hanger #crafts #holidaydecorating


I twisted a piece of ribbon around the hanger and I threaded the ornament and bells with ribbon and tied them on to the hanger at different lengths. Here Grandboy is helping me...

#diy christmas ornament door hanger #crafts #holidaydecorating


I didn't want my bells to be the same length because I thought it would look better hanging on a door knob with them being different.

#diy christmas ornament door hanger #crafts #holidaydecorating


After I got all the bells tied on the hanger, I tied a piece of pretty ribbon around all the ribbon holding the bells and made a pretty bow. And there you have a Christmas Door Hanger.

#diy christmas ornament door hanger #crafts #holidaydecorating


The more I looked at it, I decide it would look better if I eliminated some of the ribbon holding the bells. So instead of one big piece looped and tied at the top, I now have a shorter piece tied at the top and at the bell itself. Looks much better I think.

#diy christmas ornament door hanger #crafts #holidaydecorating


And now it is time for the Pinterest Tuesday Link UP!! 
We Three Crabs and I are teaming up! Every Tuesday we will have a Link Up for your blog posts about the fun Pinterest projects you tackle! 
There are just a few rules, to make sure everyone gets some love.


1. Make sure you follow your hosts. We Three Crabs and Snack Cups and Smiles.
2. Link up your Pinterest post from your blog – NOT your main blog page.
3. Stop by at least two other linkers and follow them as well. Comments are a plus, We all like to get comments and love.
4. Have fun, Get to know each other and come back next week!

And of course after following their Blog, feel free to follow your new friends on Pinterest!







10 comments :

  1. Following all you lovely bloggers on your blogs, Twitter, and Pinterest. Would love a follow back!
    http://www.happykidsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link for We Three Crabs isn't working? Let us know your blog address and Twitter so we can follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Meg Hodson
    Meg, thank you for letting us knnow that We Three Crabs had a non-working link. Her is her blog... http://www.ericabarker.com/

    I am following you too via GFC, Pinterest and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following via GFC, G+, Facebook, Pinterest, & Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a fabulous idea and so much cheaper than going and buying something like it!! Off to make one of my own since I just realized I have everything I need in my closet! Yay!

    Thank you so much for participating in our Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you, of course!! Wishing you and yours a lovely week!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you from Thumping Thursdays :)
    xo sandra
    http://larasvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)