Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Roll - Tis the Season.....


For sweetness.
The edible kind!

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter

At my house, the holidays mean extra baking and whipping things together.
Lots of things. Lots of sweet things.

Sometimes during the holidays it is nice to have a quick easy recipe to go to when you 
don't have a lot of time for real baking.

Today I made a Peanut Butter Roll. Fairly simple, quick and few ingredients. 
The perfect sweet treat for the Holidays.

Here's the ingredients that I'll need....

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter


You'll want to let your stick of butter set out for a little while so that it can soften and 
be easier to mix with the powdered sugar.
After you mix your powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; sprinkle your surface with powdered sugar.
I used parchment paper on top of my cutting board and sprinkled the parchment with powdered sugar ...

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter


Now sprinkle your mixture with powdered sugar and roll it out to the thickness you want.
Throw about 3 or 4 tablespoons of peanut butter on there and spread it. 
I have found that it is easier to start spreading from the middle.

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter


After the peanut butter is spread, pick an end and start rolling. 
Be gentle so that it doesn't fall apart.

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter


Once it's all rolled up, you'll want to refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes so that it can firm up....

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter


After it has chilled, slice it and enjoy. My husband is out of town for work and I just had to 
tease him with the following photo....it looks so perfect....

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter


I love peanut butter and this has always been a family favorite, especially around the Holidays 
because it is easy to make and convenient for parties and get-togethers. 
Not to mention it is super sweet and yummy!

peanut butter roll #candy #desserts #peanutbutter



Peanut Butter Roll

1 lb. powdered sugar (1 box)

1 stick of butter - softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
peanut butter - I used about 4 tablespoons but you use however much you like
extra powdered sugar for sprinkling surface and mixture

Mix softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until well combined.
Sprinkle your work surface with powdered sugar, dump the mixture onto powdered surface, 
sprinkle mixture with powdered sugar and roll out the mixture.
Spread peanut butter on rolled out mixture and roll up into a log.
Refrigerate. 



Enjoy!

10 comments :

  1. I can definitely see my son and my husband loving this. Great idea and thanks for sharing!!
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/12/guardian-angel-working-overtime.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I'm going to pin and reshare on my blog!

    Amanda
    http://myfourlittles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks easy and delicious! Can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for stopping by today :)

    twolovebirdswithoutanest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! I really want to try it right now : )

    I would love for you to share it with my readers at Mealtime Monday!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kaylee
    Thanks for stopping by.
    I ventured over to your blog, very nice by the way, and shared this recipe. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks sooooooooo GOOD
    Definitely my kind of treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My great grandmothers recipe calls for the use of corn syrup instead of milk. I have tried both milk or corn syrup and I like them both just the same. In place of the peanut butter you can use peppermint flavoring and a little green dye and then roll up. I always cut mine up after staying cold for a half hour and put the slices between wax paper. We just called them rolled candy. Thank goodness they are so easy to make because I usually have to make several containers for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an easy recipe! I can see myself making some of this and probably eating it all myself too!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party! I look forward to seeing what you bring next week!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great. We love peanut butter at my house too. Thanks for the recipe.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im a huge peanut butter fan! I need to give this a try because it sounds like my kind of recipe! Would love for you come and share at my linky party http://mommyondemand.com/create-bake-6/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)