Friday, December 14, 2012

Goop! We made it



Goop!!!

Oh. My. Goodness!
So much fun.
I have wanted to make this stuff with the Grandboy for months after seeing it on Pinterest back during the summer. I finally bought some cornstarch a few weeks ago so that we would have enough to make Goop. Now I can't remember exactly who's pin I saw because apparently I didn't re-pin the pin.
So I just went to Pinterest and searched for "cornstarch goop" and the results can be found HERE.

This is the PIN that stuck out at me and the one I used as a guide. 

Ok, our "ingredients" and recipe.....
1 1/2 cups cornstarch
1 cup water
3 or 4 drops of food coloring

homemade goop


 Grandboy did the measuring and he picked the color blue for his goop.

homemade Goop

After measuring the cornstarch, he started "squeezing" it together

homemade Goop


This stuff is so neat, it feels like you're picking up a solid but then it just slides right off of your fingers

homemade Goop

This is an absolute winner! And of course we had to get the "mens" involved in this fun..

homemade Goop

He played with this stuff for 2 hours! Now that is awesome.
homemade Goop

And this stuff is fairly easy to clean up, I only had to wipe my counter 3 times with a soapy rag, but be careful not to get food coloring on your nice clothes.
Now doesn't this picture say he had a blast?

homemade Goop

I even enjoyed playing in this stuff and I will be buying the biggest container of cornstarch next time! And maybe next time I will add the tempra paint like my source used to make it slimy. 
I strongly suggest that if you have young kids and you haven't made this with them, please do so. We had so much fun and it just fills my heart with so much joy to see Grandboy having fun with a smile on his face.


Linked up at:

15 comments :

  1. It looks like so much fun! Boys love getting their hands all messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you at the blog hop over at Little Inspirations. Following you now and would love to have you follow my blog as well. Please leave a comment so I'd know you stopped by. Thank you in advance!

    Labrijoy @ Reality Strikes Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! Thanks for the great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like soooo much fun! I've got to try this as my girls would sure love this!
    Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! one of you newest followers via the Friendly Friday Blog Hop! Hope you'll check out my site and follow me too!

    Thanks!

    Michelle
    www.littlehomesandbighearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by ladies! If I wasn't already following you, I am now.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your site from a comment you left on mine! That looks like so much fun, I'll have to try it with my little one. I've been looking for some fun stuff to do during Christmas break. I added you to my RSS feed, can't wait to read more! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I don't know if I would have found you without that!
    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little boy is so cute! What a mess but I bet he had fun!

    xxx,

    Danielle Faith
    DanielleFaith.ME

    PS: I am your newest follower from @Home Take 2's Blog Hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Danielle Faith
    Thank you! He had a blast so it was worth the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Angie

    Looks like fun. I'll have to try this with my little one. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and I just love looking around your lovely blog. I am a new follower. Have a lovely week.

    Hugs,

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. It looks like cement, my son would have a blast with this. Although I better wait till he gets a bit older. He's three and quite messy,lol.

    I found you through he blog hop and am a new follower.

    Natali



    ReplyDelete
  12. My nephew would love to do this! I'm following via The lovely blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the little things that make the kiddos so happy. Pinterest and all it's amazingness!! Love it!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if your post was featured.
    Good luck!

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like so much fun! What a great fun thing to do!


    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up Monday Kid Corner Weekly Linky Party. The next party goes live Sunday morning and this week’s theme is SIDEWALK CHALK. Be sure to brush off those archives as well and link them up at http://thejennyevolution.com/category/linky-parties/monday-kid-corner/ See you there! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)