Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Waffles



I don't know about you all but I'm willing to try just about anything that 
is sweet. Lately I have been seeing these cinnamon roll waffles on Pinterest like crazy and 
I want one every time I see the pin.

This is the Pin that stuck out at me and the one I referred to before trying it myself. The pin originated from Little Bit Funky.

We have had a few tubes of cinnamon rolls in the fridge for a few weeks and I want to use them before they expire. I'm a freak about expiration dates; I will use something up to 2 days after it expires but that's about all the chances that I'll be taking.

So I won't make you wait through the whole post, I'll go ahead and tell you, I have a new found love for my waffle maker!

Here are the cinnamon rolls that I used

cinnamon roll waffles


After letting the waffle maker warm up,
I sprayed my waffle maker with non stick olive oil cooking spray
and I placed 4 cinnamon rolls, one on each square area

cinnamon roll waffles



I closed the top and set a timer for 2 minutes.
They are done!

cinnamon roll waffles



And now for the icing; I heated the icing in the microwave for 8 seconds just so I could drizzle it on the "waffles"...

cinnamon roll waffles



Yummo!!

And they are Grandboy approved!

cinnamon roll waffles



This really works and it's so easy. Much better than turning on the oven.
Now I want to try everything in the waffle maker!











8 comments :

  1. My hubby and I have seriously considered buying a waffle maker just so we can make cinnamon rolls this way! And why haven't I seen these hershey cinnamon rolls, they look like heaven! So glad to hear these turned out well, looks like we may have to go buy a waffle maker after all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, like I said, now I want to try everything in the waffle maker; cornbread, muffins, brownies....everything that is possible.

      I have always loved our waffle maker and I don't know how we went so long without owning one. Ours was actually a gift from my husbands employer, nice gift!

      Those Hershey cinnamon rolls say "Limited Edition" on the package....I got them at Kroger and when I go back there in a day or two I'm gonna have to see if they still have them. That chocolate icing is the best.

      Delete
  2. I have never cooked these in my waffle maker - but what a fantastic idea.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have been seeing this on Pinterest everyday for the past few weeks and just had to try it myself.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. These would be worth breaking the diet for. Jeez..that picture of the tube of cinn. rolls is killing me. By the way...the child is actually wearing clothes in the picture right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he has clothes on, just no shirt. It's hard to keep the Grandboy fully clothed when we are at home.

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious! I think I need to get a waffle maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)