Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oooey Gooey Bars




Oh my goodness! 
Can you tell I have a major addiction to sweets?
I try to keep in check and under control....most of the time.

This is another recipe that my family has been making for years and we have always called them Oooey Gooey Bars. I just recently learned from the internet that these are very similar to other bars that have similar and very different names. I only know that these are oooey and gooey and that's what we call them.

These are so yummy. So moist and gooey and flaky.
Yum!

Ingredients:
Cake mix, cream cheese, butter, egg, powdered sugar

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts




Okay. Start by making the cake mixture. Mix 1 box cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick of butter.
You can use any flavor cake mix that your heart desires. I have made this with yellow and chocolate cake mixes and I intend to make them with strawberry cake mix for Valentines day.

Grandboy stepped in to help..... 

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts


It is normal for the cake mixture to be very thick. You may want to mix the egg and butter and then slowly add in the cake mix and when it starts to get too thick, mix in the remaining cake mix by hand. 
Here's what my cake mixture looks like, you should be able to press it in a pan instead of pouring it.

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts


Yes, he licked the beaters......and loved it!

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts


I always spray my baking dish with cooking spray but you can use butter if you want to. 
Go ahead and press the cake mixture into your baking dish.

Now I always mix the topping mixture in the same bowl that I mixed the cake mixture in. 
Without washing it. It's all going into the same dish anyway.

Now for the topping mixture. Mix 1 egg, 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 pound of powdered sugar. This mixture should be pour-able.

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts


Pour this mixture on top of the cake mixture and spread evenly.

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts


Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Look at this golden deliciousness!


Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts


Let cool for about 5 minutes and cut into squares.

Look at how flaky! 
My favorite part is a corner piece because I like how the edges get crispy and yummy.

Oooey Gooey Bars #creamcheese #cakemix #recipes #desserts

Enjoy!


Oooey Gooey Bars
Cake mixture
1 Box cake mix 
1 egg
1 stick of butter

Mix egg, butter and cake mix. Press into greased baking dish.

Cream cheese mixture
1 8 ounce pack cream cheese
1 egg
1 box powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese, egg and powdered sugar. Pour on top of cake mixture and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.



19 comments :

  1. Thanks for coming to link up! I love these, although I haven't made them for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great--and fun! I'm now following from the Weekend Hop Til You Drop! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by and following the blog.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Found you via Mommy Blogs! These look delish!
    I'm a new follower, visit/follow me back at http://ccmcafee.blogspot.com/
    Must try these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I found you on Bloggy Moms and I am glad I did. These sound heavenly! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I "Pinned" this on Pintrest too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for pinning it and for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Glad to have connected with you on BloggyMoms! These look delicious! Love seeing the little guy involved too. -Katie of http://momfavorites.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to invite you to join our link party over at my site.
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like flaky, delicious goodness in the best form! Visiting today from Aloha Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this sweet and yummy dessert on Foodie Friends Friday.

    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so wonderful! I've never made anything like it! I pinned so I can remember and make it sometime soon :) Dropping by from Our Everyday Harvest's blog hop. :) Have a great weekend!
    http://heresmytakeonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that. I'm going to have to try that. Although it's going to have to wait until after I train for my 5k (lol).

    Stopping by from Tweet Like comment over at Bloggy moms

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look really yummy! I bet they would be great with a variety of toppings and mix ins too.
    I would love it if you would share this (and anything else you have been working on) at my linky party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-fascinations-8-everything-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look oooey yummy!!! I"m stopping by from Pamela's Heavenly Treats blog hop.
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! Thanks for linking up at Tried and True recipes at http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love recipes that use things I already have. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great! Thanks so much for sharing on the Daily Blog Boost!!! :)
    ~ Brooke ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)