Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Salad with Chicken and Fruit



Sometimes it's hard to decide what to have for dinner so when my husband suggests having a salad, I get a little excited. I love salads and I may be a complete weirdo, but I also like preparing everything that's going into the salad. 
Yes, I love chopping veggies and washing lettuce!
I know, I admit it, I'm a weirdo!

I like using at least 2 different types of lettuce in my salads, I like the different textures together. In this salad I used:
 green leafy lettuce 
a 50/50 mix of spinach and baby spring mix 
broccoli 
cauliflower 
carrots 
mushrooms
boiled eggs 
mini sweet peppers
strawberries
grapes
pineapple - 
(hubby is weirder than me, he eats pineapple in salad)
and grilled chicken



We grilled the chicken with just a little bit of olive oil and seasoned salt. 



I keep the veggies separate so that everyone can add what they like to their salad.
I was almost finished with mine when I realized I forgot to add croutons and dried cranberries!
Have you tried dried cranberries in salad? If not, you should....very yummy.

I had just a drop of ranch dressing on mine.
Look at that healthy yumminess!







9 comments :

  1. Hi found you on the GFC blog hop, now following you via gfc and facebook

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following, I'm also following you.

      Delete
  2. HUMmm!! Loos so good. We are following you now can you follow us back? Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you also.

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! I love salads too! One question, no onions in your salad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL! Nope, no onions. I don't eat onions anymore because every time I do, I wake up in the middle of the night feeling very nauseous.

      Delete
  4. healthy and yummu too. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm your newest follower found you on the hop....... please stop by some time
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie
    This salad looks delicious. Can you bring some over later, lol.
    Thanks for sharing your recipe at my weekend Recipe Swap Hop.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)