Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Blogging Tip: Why it's important to name your images




Woot woot!
My very first blogging tip.
I'm sure most people already know this tip but
I like to share what I know just in case someone out there is new to blogging like I am.

I was looking for a blog post that I read a few weeks ago and I couldn't find it.
I thought I had pinned it to Pinterest but apparently I didn't.
I could not remember who's blog post it was but I did remember 
the picture that they used in their post.

I searched on some blogs that I frequently read but no luck.
So to Google I go to search.
I searched for the topic I was wanting and still no luck.
Then I searched images for the same topic.
Genius!! 

In Blogger:
Once you have your image uploaded in Blogger and placed in your post,
click on the image and then click on "Properties"....

how to name your image in blogger





Then click in the "title text" box and type whatever you want to name your image.
I also put an "alt text" description which is often the same as the title name, this is important for SEO purposes.
Then click "OK"


how to name your image in Blogger




In WordPress:
Once you have your image uploaded, before adding it to your post, select the image you want to name and just click in the box for "Title" that is to the right hand side. Type in whatever you want your image to be named, click in the description box and add your description
Select any other options you want and then click "Insert into post"....


how to name your images in wordpress



And now you have named your images.

If I'm searching for cinnamon rolls, my image named "image 0064" isn't going to show up in the search results but my image named "cinnamon rolls" will certainly show up in the search.


And that my friends is why it's important to name the images you use in your blog posts!
That may be the only way someone can find one of your posts, especially if they're like me and forget whose post it was and forgot to pin it but remembered 
your photo.





14 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tip! I'm new to all this as well and really appreciate any little hints I can get haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I hadn't even thought about that, it's a great tip! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this tip - I am still new to blogging so any help is great help!

    Have a lovely day.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had actually just read this yesterday. I am new to blogging and am trying to figure things out as I go. There are so many things to remember. I should create a new Evernote Notebook just to keep it separate from everything else.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome tip. Thanks for sharing. I don't know how many times I ran into same situation before and can't locate the blog.

    Found your blog through blog hop and you have a great blog here. New follower :)

    http://shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I recommend people blog on Wordpress. You automatically name your pics when you upload them to your Media Center, so that it can be found in searches :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very useful. I use to do it 'manually' before, now I know an easier way to do it. Thanks for the tips.

    Hoping from Aloha Friday to visit u.
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please share your easier way, if you don't mind.

      Delete
  8. Great tip..thank you for sharing. I did not know this so its definitely appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tip..thank you for sharing. I did not know this so its definitely appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another newbiew here. I use blogger and hadn't even noticed "properties". There is so much to see and do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You seriously rock! This is a very much needed lesson. So glad I found you, Im coming back for more! Your newest follower via Aloha. Thanks for co-hosting.

    Vickie
    ohabbyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)