Thursday, February 28, 2013

DIY Make-up Brush Holder



I was cleaning out and organizing our bathroom drawers
the other day and I was needing something to hold my eye make-up
brushes and eye liner. I had a travel sized toothpaste box so I
decided to wrap it with duct tape and use it.
You all know how I love boxes. Any type of box.

I figured it would be simple to re-purpose this little box into a make-up brush holder.
Here is the empty travel sized toothpaste box....

Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder


I just eye balled the size of tape I needed and I cut both ends down
the middle so that I could fold the tape down at the corners. 
I started wrapping the box with the tape....


Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder

Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder


I used my eye liner pencil to smoothly apply the tape to the inside of the box

Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder

Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder


Don't you just love my camo tape? I sure do!

Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder


And now I have a DIY make-up brush holder re-purposed from an empty toothpaste box!
Pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

Re-purposing empty toothpaste box into make-up brush holder






9 comments :

  1. How cute! And so simple! Love it! And it cuts down on trash, which I love! Found you on the blog hop and I am now following. If you get a chance, visit me at www.feelingtheemptynest.blogspot.com Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a great recycle idea! Thanks for sharing it. Are you a member of CDAC Crafter's Digital Arts Center ? We could use some people with innovative tutorials to join and link up. There's lots of fun stuff to do and some great people there. We'd love to have you!
    ~Deb~
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the make-up brush holder. That's one I'm keeping! I need some organization.

    Linking with my Ladies

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! Visiting from the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. ALmost looks like camouflage. ;-) Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday.
    Best Wishes,
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea! Love the camo!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your makeup is in a camo box. Awesome!!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking this up at Pinterest Tuesday. This is such a great idea!

    Erica
    WE Three Crabs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing your talent on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
    Our next party goes live Sunday morning at:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-6.html

    If you have a blog hop, please check out The Linky Love Party...a place to share your parties with other bloggers! Grab the button for an easy way to search for parties every week!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/lets-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)