Monday, February 11, 2013

Grandboy made Momma a Valentine





Every year I always help Grandboy make something for 
his Momma for Valentines Day.
Since he is learning to write I thought it would be nice to make something
that he could write on and what better thing to write on than a handmade card.

I got all of our supplies gathered.
He looks thrilled doesn't he? That's the look of a boy in need of a nap!

grandboy and art supplies


I traced his hands on construction paper and cut them out.
I cut a strip of brown paper for the link between the 2 hands and I folded it like an accordion.
Grandboy wanted to help take pictures.....

cut-out hands



Then Grandboy was drawing hearts, cutting out hearts and decorating.
He was working so hard...

grandboy decorating valentines card



Then I glued the hands on the inside of a piece of folded construction paper and glued the brown strip from one hand to the other
(for "I love you this much").

For the front, we glued the hearts that he cut out and he drew more hearts 
on it and wrote I love you.

front of grandboys handmade valentine card



On the inside he wrote Mom and his name.
He decided he didn't want me to write on it and he didn't want to write 
"this much" for "I love you this much"


inside of grandboys handmade valentine card



For the back, we glued more hearts that he cut out and I put the month and year.


back of grandboys handmade valentine card


Of course he didn't want to wait til valentines to give it to his Momma, 
he gave it to her at dinner that night.
And of course she loved it.
Moms and Mamaws love handmade gifts.





10 comments :

  1. I love to make valentines. My grandkids do also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this! The hand print size that will be preserved forever, the cute way Caden decorated the card, and especially the pictures of him working so intently on his project. Beautiful moments between a loving Mamaw and her adorable grandboy! Happy Valentine's Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I bet she loved it! Have a great Monday!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home made cards or gifts are the best. They are more thought out and more heart is put into it. have a great Manic Monday and a good rest of the week. your idea gives me an idea for my mom. :D thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely, I really love the hands! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is he?! This is an excellent idea, and I do believe I know what we'll be doing for Dad this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your page from the Pinterest Tuesday party! What a cute card, I bet he is so proud of it!

    I am now following your facebook, google + and blog!

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, homemade gifts are the best, and this one's a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea! Love handmade gifts!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, what a sweet handmade card.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)