Monday, February 4, 2013

Homemade Valentine decoration #2





The first Valentine decoration I made the other day was a 
hanging hearts Valentine decoration where I used empty candy box tops.

So I used the tops of 2 boxes and decided to put one of the bottoms to use too.

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle


I knew right away what I wanted to make.
So I head to the printer and print a bunch of family pictures.

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle


I used Grandboys crazy cut scissors to cut out the pictures.
Then using some Tacky Glue, I glued some leftover lace around the edge 
of the heart shaped box bottom.
Tacky Glue is awesome stuff!

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle



Then I arrange my cut out pictures in the box bottom and attach them to each 
other with tape and tacky glue.

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle


Then using the Tacky Glue again, I glue the whole thing of pictures 
to the inside of the box bottom...

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines


Then I just attached a small loop of ribbon to the back of the box 
so that I can hang it on the wall.
Actually, I decided to hang it on my bedroom door.

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle


homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle



And here's a picture with both of my homemade Valentines decorations...

homemade valentines decoration #diy #crafts #holidaydecoration #valentines #repurpose #reuse #recycle





18 comments :

  1. Hi Angie, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), co-hosting the Mom’s Monday Mingle.

    What a cute idea, and very doable. I'm going to do this with my girls.
    Anyway, thanks for linking this up with the MMM. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea to do it with your girls! I may have to let Grandboy do one, he gets so excited about any holiday. he's been cutting little hearts out of paper and taping them on the walls.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Angie I'm stopping by from Mom's Monday Mingle. That is such a pretty Valentine! I just love it. The best part is the lace around the outside of the heart. It adds great dimension.
    Nikki
    rushedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I've had that lace for years and I'm glad I was finally able to use it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That's a super cute idea!
    I'm your newest follower! Follow me at http://pampereddaughterthriftywife.blogspot.com/
    - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And thanks for stopping by and following the blog; I'm following you as well.

      Delete
  4. That's such a nice decoration!

    New follower through the hop

    http://roomsofreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Thanks for stopping by; I'm following you also.

      Delete
  5. Adorable! I love this idea - so personal!

    ((Hugs))
    Heather
    stringtownhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm planning on making some of these to give as gifts, I think it would be a cute Moms day gift.

      Delete
  6. that is pretty :) i like how you used the box tops :)

    thank you for linking up with Fun Friday Blog Hop, i hope you're having fun blog hopping!

    see you next time, huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I really have a problem, I just can't throw away any box, but at least I'm reducing our trash.....that's a positive!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Hi cute Angela...
    I just nominated you for a Liebster blogging award. Check out my blog for details!
    CCMcAfeePerspective.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Congrats on your Liebster award!

      Delete
  8. Oh, how CUTE! I love it!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Thanks for sharing this on The HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-homeacre-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)