Sunday, May 19, 2013

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath



I'm sure most of you have seen the beautiful curly deco mesh wreath
on Pinterest. It originated from Miss Kopy Kat and she has a great
tutorial on how to make this wreath.
I knew as soon as I saw it, I was going to make one.
I love it! It is so cute and sassy.


Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath


I decided to make a red, white and blue wreath for summer and July 4th.
So I went to Joann's to get my supplies with the gift card that
my daughter got me for Mothers Day.
I bought a metal wreath form, red white & blue mesh ribbon, pipe 
cleaners and a strand of battery powered lights.

wreath making supplies

I bought the shorter mesh ribbon instead of the long and it worked just as well.

I started by cutting the ribbon in pieces.

mesh ribbon

Lots of pieces! Probably about 25-30 per color.

mesh ribbon pieces

Then roll the individual pieces up.
I secured mine with a clothes pin while I was rolling 
up the other 2 colors. Then I twisted a pipe cleaner around the
middle of all 3 pieces.

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath

Then I stuck the remaining pipe cleaner through the wreath frame
and pulling it tightly, I wrapped it round the frame.

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath


tying on the mesh ribbon rolls to the wreath frame

I kept adding the ribbon rolls, pushing them together,
until the wreath was full.

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath

Then I added the strand of battery powered lights. You can
hardly see them in the photo but it will look pretty at night.

Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath with Lights

We have an eave on the front of the house above the 
front door and I think we will hang it there.
I love this and I'm so pleased with how it turned out.
The hardest part for me was cutting all the pieces of ribbon.


Patriotic Mesh Ribbon Wreath


This is perfect for July 4th!

Happy crafting!
 Post Sponsor Ad:

13 comments :

  1. Angie, I LOVE this! It looks so great and it is perfect for July 4th! Pinning and thank you so much for sharing - I need to make one of these. :) Have a wonderful week! Hugs to you! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I told my husband he needed to go ahead and buy me a huge wreath storage box because I want one in every color for every season!

      Delete
  2. Wow, great job. You make me think I can do this! Now following you via gfc, fb and pinterest from the Aloha hop (was already a twitter follower). Would love follows back :).

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is totally do-able. It only took me 2 - 21/2 hours to complete the whole thing but it could be done in phases if you have little ones around trying to help out.

      Delete
  3. Great tutorial! love how full the wreath looks and it must look great with the lights on it too!
    I like your blog, I am becoming a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wreath!

    www.pjstreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nifty idea!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Pin It Tuesday! PowerfulMothering.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love it! I've been thinking about trying a mesh wreath and this one is the one!
    Thanks

    Minette
    www.southernbellecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. really pretty! would be great for other holidays as well! Pinning! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays :o) Can't wait to see what you bring next week. Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
    oh, and I just posted an amazing round-up from last weeks party… stop on over and check it out!
    ps: I would love for you to add my party button to your Tuesday list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath looks so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too cute - I love it with the lights on, too! Thanks for adding it to my Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)