Monday, June 17, 2013

Super Easy Peach Crisp



I was home alone the other day and I needed 
a sweet treat so I was looking through the
fridge and pantry to see what I could come up with.

Do you ever buy stuff and then no one wants to eat it?
Yeah, me too. In this case it was fruit cups.
Imagine that!

These peach fruit cups had been in the fridge for a few months 
and I was certain they would expire before anyone thought about them.

Here's what I came up with.....

Super Easy Peach Crisp ingredients

First I pre-heated my oven to 350 degrees.
I sprayed the dish with cooking spray and emptied the
peach cups into the dish, juice and all.
(By the way, I'm saving the plastic cups to use for paint.)

In a separate bowl I mixed
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup oats
2 tablespoons brown sugar
and 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter.


Super Easy Peach Crisp

Then I spread the topping mixture on top of the peaches.

Super Easy Peach Crisp

I sprinkled another tablespoon of brown sugar on top of the topping.

Put it in the oven and baked for 30 minutes.

Oh the house smelled divine!

Super Easy Peach Crisp


I must say that this is pretty good considering I just threw it together with no recipe to go by.

Super Easy Peach Crisp

And the best part is it only took me 5 minutes to throw it together.

Super delish!

And I had dessert ready before dinner!

Winner winner, dessert for dinner!

Super Easy Peach Crisp
post signature 
 Post Sponsor Ad:

7 comments :

  1. OH! This sounds divine! YUM! :)
    -Heather
    www.stringtownhome.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie, this recipe looks so good and I saw it on katie with an e.
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I would never have thought to use fruit cups for a crisp! Great idea for when there's no fresh fruit around the house, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love peaches! This looks fantastic (right up my alley)! Thanks for sharing; I'm pinning to my food board now :o) Have a great night!

    - croppedstories@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for linking up with Pin It! Tuesday! Hope to see you there again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie this is peachy keen! Yum. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie
    This is delicious. I tried it when I first read your recipe.
    thank your for sharing your post at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.

    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)