Monday, July 1, 2013

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers




I don't think I have ever made
as many DIY decorations as I have the past month.
I've been feeling very patriotic so I went with it.

This time, I cut out some star and half star templates
and painted a glass vase with paint pens.
I bought the paint pens about 9 months ago
for a project I was doing at the time and this is my 3rd time using them
so this project was done with having everything on hand.....or in the yard.
Continue reading to find out.....

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

I taped on the template and just made the outline;
I did this for all 3 sizes...

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

Then I filled in the outlines and on the other side
of the vase I put 3 stars.

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

Here it is finished...

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

Then I had a hard time finding something to put in it
so I made some flowers out of rolled up paper strips
and cut up cardboard rolls.
I got the idea for the rolled paper flowers
from this PIN on Pinterest (originated from Jones Design Company) and the idea for
the cut up cardboard rolls from
this PIN on Pinterest (originated from Kids Kubby).

I had already made the rolled up paper flowers about a month ago
and I just threw together some flowers out of
the cut up cardboard. I bent the cardboard
in half, cut it in strips and painted them.
Though I am now realizing that it would have been 
much easier to paint the cardboard and then cut it.
Sometimes I am not the brightest crayon in the box!


Then I used hot glue to put the pieces together.




And after I had all my flowers made,
I went out in the yard and found some twigs
and I hot glued my flowers to the twigs.

And here they are in my vase...

My Patriotic Vase + DIY Flowers

My husband assured me it was beautiful....
I don't know though, I don't think I'm
trusting him on this one.

Anyway, this is my centerpiece for the 4th.
Beautiful or not, people are gonna have to look at it! Ha!

The best thing about using the paint pens though is
that I can just wash the paint off of the vase if I want to.


Have a happy and safe 4th y'all!
post signature 
 Post Sponsor Ad:

4 comments :

  1. Can I just say how much I love that vase? It's so creative and pretty! I started following you on Bloglovin too :)

    Reviews Until You Drop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much!
      Thanks for following, I'm follow you on Bloglovin as well.
      Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Angie, I love your centerpiece and especially the vase - you did a beautiful job on that and can use it for many years! Something about July 4th brings out our creativity so much, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)