Monday, August 12, 2013

Our Attempt to Feed the Birds



I saved so many cardboard rolls for a project and I needed to 
do something with the leftovers. I didn't want to just trash them so
Grandboy and I made bird feeders.
We had an hour before we had to leave to go to Karate class
and that was plenty of time to do the craft and clean up our mess.

I've seen these "bird feeders" on Pinterest for a few months and 
there are so many to pick just one so I am linking to Pinterest
search results for "toilet paper roll bird feeders".

We used 2 cardboard rolls, peanut butter, bird seed, twine & a hole punch.

bird feeder craft

So it's pretty much self explanatory.... cover the cardboard roll
in peanut butter and then add the bird seed.
Before we smeared the peanut butter, I used a hole punch to
make 2 holes on each roll so that I could add a piece of twine to hang it outside.

cardboard roll bird feeders


Grandboy was smearing more peanut butter on himself than the cardboard 
so I took over that task but I let him cover them with the bird seed.

cardboard roll bird feeders

cardboard roll bird feeders

My little perfectionist!
He did a great job and we went outside to hang them in the trees.

Our attempt to Feed the Birds

cardboard roll bird feeders

cardboard roll bird feeders

cardboard roll bird feeders

Grandboy loves craft time!
And I love my Grandboy and I love my Grandboy to be happy and smiling!

Happy crafting!

Linking up at:

post signature 
 Post Sponsor Ad:

5 comments :

  1. What a great idea for feeders!

    Your Grandboy is a gorgeous fella.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is the cutest little monster I know!

      Delete
  2. Angie, what a great project to do with the little ones! You make your adorable Grandboy and the birds very happy! Thanks for sharing and have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN pictures! Thank you for linking to Thursday's party. Carrie, www.amothersshadow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely way to make happy memories with your grandboy. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite things hop xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)