Monday, December 30, 2013

Quick and Easy Chili


Today I'm sharing our Quick and Easy Chili.
The weather has been yucky so it's perfect chili weather.

We use canned beans for this recipe.
Sometimes I cook dried beans for chili but 
then there are times when we decide at the last minute
that we want chili so canned beans are great.
Hey, I'll take the help when I can.



There's just something comforting about a hot bowl of chili 
when the weather is yucky or it's cold out.

Quick and Easy Chili #recipes #chili #easyrecipes

We like a few different kinds of beans in our chili
so we used pinto, black and light red kidney beans.

Quick and Easy Chili #recipes #chili #easyrecipes

It's so yummy.
For a little extra added flavor, I add a few dashes 
of worcestershire sauce to the hamburger meat while it's cooking.

Quick and Easy Chili #recipes #chili #easyrecipes

I like a peanut butter sandwich with my chili.
But crackers, tortilla chips and corn bread are also yummy.


Quick and Easy Chili
1 pound ground beef
2 29 ounce cans of pinto beans
1 15 ounce can of black beans
1 15 ounce can of light red kidney beans
1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
chili powder
salt
worcestershire sauce

Cook ground beef in skillet with a few dashes of worcestershire sauce.
While the meat is cooking - empty the cans of beans and tomatoes in a large pot and heat on medium high.
Drain the grease from the beef and add beef to the pot of beans and tomatoes.
Add chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer on medium.

post signature

4 comments :

  1. I think I might make a crock pot chili for dinner. I was just saying I wonder what I should make for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love chili, too, Angie and I'm just about ready to make a big pot soon! I love that you add different beans to yours - I need to try that! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Wishing you and your family health, happiness and all things wonderful for 2014. Thank you so much for your friendship throughout the year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Thanks for the tip :)
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that looks really good!
    Thanks for sharing:)

    I'm your new GFC and G+ follower!
    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)